It is a well-known fact that one of the most productive activities in real estate is building relationships with the people we know, like, and trust. This is known as cultivating our sphere of influence, or SOI. Here are five simple steps to make sure those people are referring you business:
1. Make a list of everyone you trust. Write down their names and contact information, including email and phone number. This list should have anywhere from 50 to 300 people.
2. Highlight the top 10 to 20 contacts that are most likely to refer you business. These people should be labeled or noted as “SOI-A+” and everyone else on the list should be noted as “SOI.”
3. Be sure to contact everyone on that list at least 30 times a year. They should hear your voice through either a phone call, an image through direct mail or email, and/or a handwritten note.
4. Meet in person with those highlighted as “A+” over lunch or coffee three to four times a year.
5. When you touch in with anyone on your list, make sure you bring them an item of value. This is usually a piece of important information, but can also be an actual item of value. Make sure they’re aware that you’re in real estate and you’d love to hear from anyone they know who might be buying or selling in the next year.
If you have any questions about this topic or you’re looking to buy or sell a home, please give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help!